The Migration Museum is one of the participating venues for the Teachers’ Big Days Out (TBDO), which is a professional learning event for all educators presented by South Australian cultural organisations with the support of the Department for Education. The program includes over 90 sessions across 22 cultural organisations addressing multiple learning areas and year levels, aligned to the curriculum.
The Migration Museum will be offering the following sessions as part of the TBDO
- Being a child in the 19th century
- Colonial footprints on Kaurna land
- Exploring stories through objects – bring your own object
- Nationhood: 20th and 21st Century migration to South Australia
- Working the Migration Museum your way – Primary Years
- Working the Migration Museum your way – Secondary Years