Why did the SA government company decide to site Adelaide where it currently is? What tools and instruments were used to plan out the site?
What do you look for? Water supply, ease of accessibility, fertility of land, ease of travel!
Terms 2, 3 and 4
Years 4 and 5
90 minute program $7.00 / Equity $3.00 per student
Bookings are essential, please call 8207 7580
Australian Curriculum Links
- Measurement and Geometry
- Year 4 (Location and transformation) – Use simple scales, legends and directions to interpret information contained in basic maps
- Year 5 (Location and transformation) – Use a grid reference system to describe locations. Describe routes using landmarks and directional language
- History Year 4 First Contacts and Year 5 the Australian Colonies
Key inquiry questions:
- What do we know about the lives of people in Australia’s colonial past and how do we know?
- How did an Australian colony develop over time and why?
- How did colonial settlement change the environment?
- What were the significant events and who were the significant people that shaped Australian colonies?